Friday, January 23, 2009

Craft Shows

I have never done a craft show. I have all of the "how to do a craft show" books, but I have never actually gotten up the nerve to apply and try to do one. That is about to change.

This year, there is a craft show that is being held by a big promoter in this area, and it is LESS THAN A MILE FROM MY HOUSE! If I can get in, how much easier could that be? I would be close to home, so if I forgot anything or screwed anything up, I could just call my husband or my uncle (who lives a mile away and is an engineer) to help me or bring me something I forgot.

So, I am biting the bullet. I am clearing out a space in my attic to set up my 3-year-old 10x10 tent for the first time ever. I am finding tables, and I bought display pieces. I am sewing up table cloths. I am taking picture after picture to try to get good pieces for the jury. I am debating paying a professional, even.

It's an exciting and scary time. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good luck!

Paulita
(from Mystery School)

jacjewelry said...

Best of luck! You will do great. Most importantly, have fun! :)