Monday, October 19, 2009

And Laziness wins again....


So, I moved to Texas in August.  Today, I decided that I am SICK AND TIRED of unpacking and it was time to officially move and rename my business.

This has caused me no small headache.

Filing my final NYS sales tax report? No problem. I just have to mail the form and check.

Registering for TX sales tax authorization? Again no problem.

At this point, I thought I was on a roll....but NOOOOOOOooooooo.

Cancelling my old merchant account would lead to a $250 cancellation fee.

Moving my business bank account was no problem, but my new business is not the same name, and I cannot change the business name on the account. D'OH!

Fortunately, the business is under my actual name DBA Coqui Ainjelfire.

Instead of the headache of closing one account, opening a new one, and changing over all of the paperwork and business accounts, I have opted for laziness:

I will do business in Texas under my REAL NAME. This also saves me needing to register a new business name.

I feel like such a rebel, lol.

Of course, now I have to change everything online again. I'll probably keep the AngelTree Gems name and just say that that is my "jewelry line", so it will be AngelTree Gems by AMSE (My initials).

I have the old 80's some "Oh, me so Horny" going in my head but it's me so LAZY instead.

Aren't you glad I got that some stuck in your head, too??

Now, as soon as I get my permit, I can start re-listing to sell all of my lovely items. :)

3 comments:

fabricartist21 said...

Moving what a pain.LOL I have moved about 24 times in my life and decided to call a hault to all of that and have been here in same place for 22 years. It is ok though to be sick and tired of all the red tape. You will finally get something going soon I am sure. blog a little now ok?? FUN

quiltsbylee said...

You can apply for your Texas sales tax certificate online and pay online.

What merchant account is charging you a cancellation fee?

AngelTree Gems said...

I Applied for my sales tax stuff online already. I had to mail the signature form. :)

Chase Paymentech says I agreed to a $250 early termination fee from a 3-year agreement. I did everything over the phone, and am now pissed. This is TWO things the sales rep screwed me on now.