Friday, January 8, 2010

A Change of Focus

Contrary to my husband's desire, I will not be focusing solely on keychains in my etsy shop. Yes, they are my best seller (both at street fairs and online in my old shop), but they are not where I want to spend my free time. (he wants me to make exclusively keychains and sell them at street fairs)

After I sell off my current inventory, I am going to focus almost exclusively on my wire wrapped and "eternal" pieces.  I love making my trees, and I feel like my bracelets are some of the most versatile items in my line, since the focus is on the bead. And, of course, I love my big and fabulous wire wrapped pendants. They are where I got my start.

At the craft shows I vended at this past summer, everyone commented on and loved my wrapped pieces, and were verbally disappointed that there were not more of them. I didn't get such a positive reaction to many of my beaded pieces, so, even though I LOVE them, I will not be continuing most of them.

I hope this doesn't end up being a bad idea, but with my going back to school and looking for a job, I cannot do everything anymore, and I want to focus on the things that give me the most pleasure.

So, in the future, it will be the keychains, wire wrapped pieces, and wire art in the form of my eternal lines. Oh, and maybe a few surprises if I get my hands on something fabulous.

1 comment:

Gast Family Recipes said...

love the beaded tree design, very nice!