Saturday, November 15, 2008

Etsy!

Ok, I am on etsy. I have no idea what I am doing, I can't take pictures, and I am overwhelmed by the site. BUT....

My work is good. Really good. I give my items as gifts and get asked where I sell them. So, I am trying.

I'll mostly do a lot of venting here as I try to figure everything out. I really welcome help and suggestions.

First thing, I need a new camera. Mine will not focus if I turn the flash off, so everything is all washed out. It will also only focus at certain distances. it's a pain in my buttinsky, btu the husband wants me to wait until the after-holiday sales for a new one....course it's killing my potential sales NOW, but whatever.

I also need to figure out how to drive traffic to my site. I'll figure it out eventually. I also need to stop spending so much on other people's great items! Bleh.

2 comments:

thinker said...

Hello and welcome. I came across your site as I watched the 'blog updates' scroll by on the blogger home page. The word 'coqui' intrigued me, as I've been to Puerto Rico several times and found the coqui frog to be one of nature's gems.

I'm not a photographer, so I cannot comment on your current focusing problem. But I too am trying to find ways to get views on my blog. I just signed up at digg.com. It's one of the main news aggregators on the web. Once you sign up, you can add your individual posts to their site. I've gotten numerous vies that way. You can also try searching the web for other aggregators that may specialize in photography, and add your posts there as well.

Best of luck! And if you're ever in the mood for political opinions, I add a new post every Friday on my blog: http://bitteranalysis.blogspot.com/

AngelTree Gems said...

Hey Thanks! Yes, I am a lover of Frogs, so Coqui was a natural name for me. I'll check out Digg.